Leadership is the ability to help a group of people advance from the place they are today as much as they are willing and able to grow.
The first thing you need to know about my approach to leadership is a little context.
Here are some crucial bits to apply to what I’m about to tell you:
- I have been working in technology in many ways, but mostly as a software engineer or software engineering manager for over 20 years
- I have a degree in education. I wanted to be a teacher since middle school after watching, and being inspired by, great teachers
- Despite having a degree in elementary education, I decided not to teach because of how curriculum and evaluation was carried out at a mass scale in US public education
- I was in college studying elementary education when No Child Left Behind, a test-focused education platform, was unveiled. I fought against its existence
- My ethos is personal development. I care, first and foremost, about growth. Of myself and of those around me. I like to make people better